Thursday, May 15, 2008

" 'sits poetry..."


"It's the way of looking at something different that artists give...the blindness to convention, the search for the new, the willingness to toe or breach the boundaries..."

from the youtube video of Robert Rauschenberg, speaking about his erasure of de Kooning's work...and as soon as I am more technically astute, I will link it to this site...(and it is from a blog link on Eric Case's "Vedana," just to add to the current confusion of this post)...

poetry....

suppose I should mention what Emily has to say about Saints and Poets, but I will do that soon enuf...

The photo is of my grandmother's scrapbook, made while she was in Nursing School, sometime in the 1920's, I imagine...it surprised me, in it's similarity to things I have done, and her lovely graphic sensiblity...it is "scraps and readymades...something out of nothing," a few years before Robert R. got there (quote: NYT obit, 14May08).

One never knows, do one?