Sunday, June 15, 2008

Lane Smith and Molly Leach and Jon Scieszka


Whew, there's cool stuff out there about Lane Smith and Molly Leach. Why wouldn't there be? How much cooler can you get than those two?  

"The Stinky Cheese Man" was my favorite, favorite book to read to the kiddos when I got to go into the library and be the library reading lady, many years ago. I'm still not sure the grownups at our good Catholic school appreciated my taste in books, but the Stinky Cheese Man himself was new and he rocked and he had the kids rolling in the aisles.  Still does, I am sure.  To top it off, Lane & Molly (& their friend, Jon Scieszka) have done lots of other good things since then. Including, because my kids would not forgive me forgetting this, "The Time Warp Trio." More on all of this, later.


The illustration is from an old book, and is by Walter Trier.  Happy Father's Day to all you Dads out there.  Gotta love the fig leaves, yes?