Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Bob Dylan and Jonathan Cott and Peter Sis and Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis


Let's just start the Insight Hall of Fame, shall we? I'll nominate these masters. They're connected, too, in marvelous ways. Brilliants often are, aren't they? In ways you might least expect, which makes it all the more delightful to find out how...

To the left, a photo taken while wandering toward the Met earlier this summer. It was quiet and sweetly prosiac, that little part of the path in Central Park that meanders past this spot. It was elegiac yet beautiful. Just the thought of it, and the green and gray and black of the picture, puts me at peace...the same peace that was to be found by that lovely still bit of water on that lovely still day.

So, I ask...how remarkable is it that these four have crossed paths, sometimes often? And do I dare begin to try to map the territory? Perhaps...

Jonathan Cott and Bob Dylan and Peter Sis and Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis...maybe, if I click my ruby slippers...Toto?  (And, somewhere, not far from here, John Lennon rightly joins them.)